Harpist @ Nikon Annual Dinner | KL

A solo harpist performing at Nikon's Annual Dinner 2013 Nikon Malaysia Annual Dinner 2013








Below I offer for your viewing and listening pleasure snippets of a solo harp player performing at Nikon’s Annual Dinner 2013.

This event was held in Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club (or more fondly known simply as KLGCC)



This type of performance is suited for quiet, romantic and intimate dinner events. Acoustically, the harp is a soft instrument and will require amplification to be audible and effective.

Excuse the chatter and plate sounds on the video clip as there were quite a large number of guests attending this particular event; but you get the idea of a harp performance now.

I just love those glissando.. the harp trademark for sure. So beautiful!

Here's the titles of the 2 tunes featured on this video in case you're wondering:-
  • Tara's theme (Gone with the wind) 
  • Can't help falling in love 

I had flash backs of myself playing Tara's theme on the electone when I heard the harpist play. It's like as though she's performing repertoires straight out from my electone books that were in fact classics. That just reminded me of my childhood and teaching days!

However, I could only include two tunes on this video as the other recordings had too much background noise.

Incidentally, the harp was hook up to a special clip-on microphone for this particular occasion.

Do share this post with your friends if you like it : )


Ps.. Check out my involvement in past Nikon events:-

Post a Comment

0 Comments